1. Only a personal, nontransferable and nonexclusive right to use the Artifex product
(“Product”) is granted to such end user.
2. Supplier retains all title to the software as incorporated in the Product, and all copies thereof,
and no title to the software, or any intellectual property in the software, is transferred to such end
3. The end user may not copy: (i) the Product, except for one (1) copy solely for backup or
archival purposes and only as necessary to use the Product; or (ii) any documentation
accompanying the Product. All such copies are the proprietary information of distributor and its
licensors and suppliers and are subject to their copyrights.
4. The end user agrees not to reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive source
code from the Product.
5. Supplier is an intended third-party beneficiary of the end user sublicense and is entitled to
enforce it in its own name directly against the end user.
6. Supplier will not be liable to the end user for any general, special, direct, indirect,
consequential, incidental or other damages arising out of the license of the Product even if it has
been advised of the possibility of such damages.
7. Upon termination of the license, the end user will destroy or return to distributor all copies of
8. For United States Government users, the software and associated documentation are deemed
to be “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer documentation,” respectively,
pursuant to DFAR § 227.7202 and FAR § 12.212(b), as applicable. Use, duplication or
disclosure of the software licensed by this Agreement and any derivative works, as defined by
the Copyright Act of 1976 as amended, developed under this Agreement, and any associated
documentation or derivative works thereof, are subject to the restricted rights set forth in the
DFAR and FAR, above.
9. Supplier makes no warranties, express, implied or statutory, regarding the Product and
the software, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and
fitness for a particular purpose, or their equivalent under the laws of any jurisdiction.