Can I still offer BHTP plans to my clients?
We are working through transitioning our remaining account relationships to Travelex. Under the terms of the partnership agreement with Travelex, effective January 1, 2019 all BHTP travel insurance partners are no longer able to offer our plans.
If you do not already have an agreement with Travelex, you will be assisted in transitioning to Travelex and be available to sell their Travel Basic and Travel Select travel insurance plans which are underwritten by BHTP’s underwriter Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSIC). A representative from Travelex will contact you shortly for a seamless transition. If you already have an agreement with Travelex, there is nothing more you need to do.
To contact your Travelex regional sales manager or request information regarding the Travelex travel insurance plans, please contact Travelex directly at:
Or call toll-free:
TRAVEL AGENT FAQ
- Why did BHTP partner with Travelex?
- How does this partnership affect me/my agency?
- Can I still offer BHTP plans to my clients?
- What travel insurance plans will I be able to offer my clients?
- When is the hard date of when I can no longer sell BHTP?
- What does this mean for my Agent Portal account?
- What does this mean for policies I have in the future – covering trips in 2019 and beyond?
- I previously booked a BHTP policy for a client with upcoming travel. If they have a claim, who will be handling it?