I previously booked a BHTP policy for a client with upcoming travel. If they have a claim, who will be handling it?
Nothing will change with how claims are administered for BHTP policies or how they are submitted. Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance will continue to process all BHTP travel insurance claims, regardless of when they were purchased or a traveler’s travel dates. We recommend having your customers file their own claims. If your client insists that you file the claim, please have their travel, policy and contact information available when you initiate the claim. If you have questions, please call 844-411-2487 and we'll talk you through the process.
TRAVEL AGENT FAQ
- Why did BHTP partner with Travelex?
- How does this partnership affect me/my agency?
- Can I still offer BHTP plans to my clients?
- What travel insurance plans will I be able to offer my clients?
- When is the hard date of when I can no longer sell BHTP?
- What does this mean for my Agent Portal account?
- What does this mean for policies I have in the future – covering trips in 2019 and beyond?
- I previously booked a BHTP policy for a client with upcoming travel. If they have a claim, who will be handling it?