What travel insurance plans will I be able to offer my clients?
Effective January 1, 2019, BHTP partners will no longer be able to offer any of our plans. However, through our partnership with Travelex, their Travel Basic and Travel Select travel insurance plans will be available for you to offer. If you do not already have an agreement with Travelex, you will be assisted in transitioning to Travelex and be available to sell their plans which are underwritten by BHTP’s underwriter Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSIC).
A representative from Travelex will contact you shortly for a seamless transition. If you already have an agreement with Travelex, there is nothing more you need to do.
TRAVEL AGENT FAQ
- Why did BHTP partner with Travelex?
- How does this partnership affect me/my agency?
- Can I still offer BHTP plans to my clients?
- What travel insurance plans will I be able to offer my clients?
- When is the hard date of when I can no longer sell BHTP?
- What does this mean for my Agent Portal account?
- What does this mean for policies I have in the future – covering trips in 2019 and beyond?
- I previously booked a BHTP policy for a client with upcoming travel. If they have a claim, who will be handling it?